Skip to content
- Generate new sales of natural gas and electricity and other commodities.
- Provide interface and customer service for existing natural gas and electric customers.
- Develop and manage customer relationships through effective use of on-site customer meetings, E-mail, telephone, text, and social media.
- Maintain an organized portfolio of existing and potential customers.
- Grow and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Travel regularly throughout market area.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Generate leads, source and develop client referrals through networking.
- Schedule sales appointments and maintain sales activity records.
- Develop and maintain a customer pipeline list and sales report.
- Ensure a positive relationship with customers by placing sales calls to new and existing clients.
- Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Develop sales proposals and present sales contracts.
- Perform quality checks on product and service delivery and follow up on sales activity.
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management.
- Participate in sales events and maintain professional affiliations with related organizations or persons.
- Monitor competitors, market conditions and product development.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Report to work as scheduled with minimal absenteeism or tardiness.
- Attend job related training and informational seminars as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – Qualifications include and are not limited to:
- Must work productively with little supervision
- Possess industry comparable computing skills with the ability to create presentations and maintain accurate sales activity reports.
- Previous energy sales experience is preferred.
- College/University Degree or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.