Skip to content
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – include and are not limited to:
- Frequently receive and process payments and issue receipts for products sold- whether by cash, check, vouchers, credit cards, or debit cards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain food service preparation/presentation/appearance/operations and sanitary conditions at all times and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions with exposure to gasoline fumes, cleaning products and the elements.
- Work safely 100% of the time while following all policies and procedures set in the Safety Manual.
- Frequently remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Be able to position self to stock and front shelves and coolers, sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, move trash containers and place in an outside bin, clean the parking lot and grounds (including gas pumps) surrounding the location and have the means to clean windows around the store in accordance with company standards.
- In order to maintain a clean, safe environment to ensure the store is presentable; be able to position self to properly clean and maintain store equipment/products and areas including but not limited to coffee, fountain drinks, deli, customer seating areas, restrooms and shower stalls in accordance with company standards.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 30 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Be able to meet the physical demands such as transporting and moving store products and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. (including shoveling snow) when needed.
- Be able to react to a fire by using a fire extinguisher weighing 25 pounds and transporting it to the fire area.
- Comply with all policies and procedures in company provided handbooks and or manuals at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES – include and are not limited to:
- Provide enthusiastic customer service to all customers.
- Handle customer complaints fast and effectively to ensure that we provide all of our customers with the best buying experience.
- Prepare a shift-change report at the completion of shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Properly clock-in and out on POS, and electronically sign verifying all hours worked.
- Scan all sales and assure proper use of register procedure.
- Advise Store Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
- Share the responsibility for controlling the inventory on the shift or in the store.
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the C-Store Operations Manual.
- Protect company assets at all times in accordance with company policy.
- Observe shift operating hours and forms at all times, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Adhere to all company, city, county, and state tobacco and alcohol regulations.
- Report to work according to the posted work schedule, unless a change in schedule is arranged with Store Manager.
- Use correct pricing as listed in the price-book for all merchandise.
- Operate and maintain all equipment properly and safely to avoid injury and to protect the investments made by the company.
- Responsibly sell and issue winning of lotto and lottery tickets according to company policy and procedures.
- Responsibly sell alcoholic beverages and tobacco products according to company policies and procedures.
- Operate shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Advise Store Manager immediately of any out of stocks, special needs and customer requests.
- Immediately advise Store Manager of any maintenance problems.
- Perform any related duties/assignments as directed by management.
- Assist in seeing that the store maintains appearance standards.
- Keep coolers, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly clean and maintain store equipment/products and areas including but not limited to coffee, fountain drinks, deli, customer seating areas, restrooms and shower stalls as needed and directed by Store Manager.
Inventory and Cash Controls
- Accurately post store use of merchandise, coverings, voids, no sales, bottle refunds, physical counts, bad-merchandise write-offs, within established guidelines.
- Ensure Store Manager is made aware of all sales, cash or operating discrepancies.
- Follow company policy with regard to excessive cash in registers, change box and safe security.
- Count and verify the petty cash fund and all cigarettes and lottery tickets in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to company safe drops and procedures.
- Assure proper sale and accounting for credit cards, lottery and money order sales.
REQUIREMENTS – include and are not limited to:
- Provide oneself with a reliable means of transportation to and from work and the ability to be reached by telephone.
- Flexibility to accommodate sudden schedule changes.
QUALIFICATIONS – include and are not limited to
- A high school diploma/GED.